Monday 6 March 2017

The last goodbye

So this is going to be a short post as i will be boarding my plane in about 40 minutes,  but thought I would just send out a note to say...well...here we go...back to Canada.  After saying a tearful and difficult goodbye to the clinic and Kalinga.  Not to mention the great graduation and goodbye party at the beach. Ellora and I spent two weeks in Manila at two different birthing homes.  Shepherds Home and Safe Refuge.  There we heard the stories of  women who have been through..well pardon the language but hell on earth as far as our human understanding can comprehend.  Missionaries both foreign and domestic have devoted their lives to helping and rescuing these women.  It was a  hard two weeks since we were in a strange transitional period both geographically and emotionally, but we were both so glad we chose to do those visits.  The truth is, this kind of ministry is where Both Ellora and I find our hearts to be.  

After Manila we headed to Tokyo for three days where I visited my long lost friend from Japan whom I went on a three month Missions trip to Spain 3.5 years ago.  It was a great time, short and low budget but really great. we ate such incredible food, saw some beautiful sights and met some lovely people.  

It is so strange to think I will be in Canada in about ten hours from now.  I am so excited to see my family but also feel a sadness having had to say goodbye to so many people so close to my heart.  This afternoon Ellora and I said our goodbyes.  it kind felt like I was being punched in the stomach.  but both of us know it is only for a season as we are quite certain it will not be long before we see each other again.  Ellora has flown already and will be somewhere over the Pacific, soon it will be my turn! First Vancouver and then off to Kamloops which is only 45 minutes.  

Well thats all for now here is a picture of Ellora and I before our party at Pegudpud.  The dresses we are wearing are traditional Kalinga fabric.  they were a gift from the clinic, a gift i will always treasure dearly...  


No comments:

Post a Comment